Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A fishing trip - Banks of Indryani | 2014

Was lying on my loving bed when I got a call from Deepak asking me to go on fishing with him.  Apart from my adventures in jungles, I never really fished using the hook and tackle. Upon meeting up, it came to my notice that we would be going to Tuljapur. Its a nearby village.
After a short ride through breath takingly scenic off-road we finally reached. It was early morning and the sun was still rising. The clouds were ruining the sunrise shot. Surroundings were really mesmerizing.
After a short walk through bushes, fields and farms we reached the banks. The walk was nearly of 30 mins but it was capable enough to give you a glimpse of the past I.e. India in 1960-70 era. The photo would make you believe that part.
It was fun as we started landing scores of fishes. By evening the fishes were nearly falling out of the bags. Each fish were more than a pound in weight. It was a tough hike back to the parking grounds with all those fishes. It was already 6pm and the sun was in no mood of setting down. We started our return soon to stop for food. We had no lunch, but bhel. Bhel is a maharashtrian crusine snack, famous as Bombay Bhel all over the country.
By the time we finished, it was deep dusk and the light was there hardly. The off roads had a tinge of spookiness along with its riskiness, or may be it was just my head. However we reached safe and sound without any incident.
The fish fry is amazing. These fishes taste damn good. Gave a bit of the fishes to my pet sea serpent, and it says its lip smacking good.
Date: 17th Aug 2014, Sunday
Location: Banks of Indryani river, Tuljapur, MH

1 comment:

  1. Short n' sweet, but post some pics of those fishies!!!

    ReplyDelete