Monday, August 4, 2014

Epilogue

Ello...

I start this blog with much to share in my heart about the travels...

Eventually I was talked into writing a book of some sorts by a friend Saumyabrata Saha but soon I realized, it better be a blog or I ain't finishing that book.... Eva!!

To be very honest, in the beginning, I wasn't a bit into biking or traveling. Things changed with my first cycle when I was just 13 of age. All I did was roam around with my friend Inderpal Singh a.k.a. Inder Paaji around the city (I miss him terribly).
When I left my native, the thirst kinda dried out as I got busy in other accounts of life. The thirst finally started with my first bike, a CD100. Gifted to me by parents when in college. It was limited within city until the first taste of performance on a ZMR (sadly crushed under a trailer within the first few thousand kms). I downgraded to a Yellow RTR. Thats when I met the best of buddies, Pankaj bhai, Hardik bhai, Rohit, Aishwarya and Nitin.

Sometime in early January' 2010. The ZMR that crashed.


From this point, the thirst of traveling gradually upgraded into addiction and now its a drug. Hardik's ideas of nightouts atop a cliff at Lonavala in the foggiest nights, innumerous Lavasas with Vivek bhai and Pankaj's gang and breakfast rides with the xbhp gang headed by Vishwas sirji and company will forever be unforgettable.

Downgraded to the RTR

During one of the numerous night outs with Hardik & Pankaj. 2010 - 2012

Pankaj... Nice pose.. ain't it?

All was going great. I had bought a new bike now. Touring was in full form and its them when the life altering occurrence struck. On 25th June 2013 I had a minor accident (well its minor coz nothings major until it kills) causing around a 11centimeter internal crack in my skull (back side) and around nearly 40centimeter crack in my spinal bone. I could not feel my legs and was in a very bad situation. Doctors thought the worst. Finally I recovered a bit in 2 days. The pain was unbearable even with the strongest of painkillers. The final solution came to morphine injections.

The great accident. Cracked skull and spinal bones - 25 June 2013

It was October and I was well enough to take a walk all by myself and then probably the biggest lie was uncovered. The doc told, I could never lift anything more than a kilo, could never ride and other things during a visit when he discovered the spinal cracks are not recovering. By this time, I had to take a morphine once every 4-5 days. So one fine day I started riding my beloved bike which was sadly lying at my place completely covered in dust.
A month after, inspite of a thousand 'No' and against every single person's wishes, I started riding. The below pic is during one such small ride to Veer.
Few months later Winter'2013 - on Morphine

I am now all well. The Spinal, well it will never recover, still serves me good and is a way lot less painful than it used to be. The morphine injection is now once a month or I can still last with a battle of painkillers.


I still go on. Undaunted. Unstopped. Fearless. Painless. I Live to Ride.


“You ain't miserable until you pity yourself.“     -Utsav Chs

“It is better to die standing than to live on your knees.“     -Che Guevara

No comments:

Post a Comment