Monday, August 4, 2014

Just around the corner.. | 2014


It was the morning of Tuesday, February month and I was already tired of the week. I got ready for a meeting in the morning and after I nearly reached the place, the meeting got cancelled. With a bit of rejoice, I turned back with a decision, the road to home isn't gonna be the same. I was at Chikali and I had nothing on my list. Started on a road which did not exist, atleast not for people in their right minds. Yes it was deserted and there was not a soul to be seen for kms together. Totally broken it was and some places it was covered with a foot thick dust! After a little distance, I see an abandoned piaggio stuck deep into the dust and none around. A little further down the road, I see a piaggo again trying to go uphill but thanks to the dust, it was rolling downwards. Few more distance I could see a mill which lay in ruins probably sugar. The lift side of the road was a hilly grassland and on the right was steep cliffs, thanks to the rock cutting activity till few years back. Liked the dried grass hill and really I was not in disappointment. The view of the Indrayani from there was just great! The location was near Nirgudi. From there the road was as good as it did not exist. It was pure off roading till Pathare Wasti. Did not see a single human, not even dogs on the entire 12km stretch. Finally I reached the end of the off roads and a tree greets me with a so-so tarmac. Stopped a bit for a quick click before moving on for home. This entire off road journey was done on my trusty semi slick MRF RevZ-C tire and thankfully without a puncture. My past experiences of offroad trails on this tire made me confident enough to handle a bit of anything. People travel to far foreign lands to the Swiss Alps, to the Maldives, to Africa and Philippines in search of adventure. They truly forget what their motherland has to offer. I am truly spell bounded by the beauty of India.

No comments:

Post a Comment